Allama Iqbal Open University Admissions 2018
cannot leave their homes and jobs. During all these past years, the University has more than achieved this promise. It has opened up educational opportunities for the working people and has provided the right of entry to the females on their doors. It has also done revolutionary work in the field of Mass Education. It offers fields of professional, scientific, and technical education. It is struggling to reach out to the outmost areas of Pakistan.
It was the first Open University in the continent of Asia and Africa. The idea of Distance Education was introduced by the British Prime Minister, Mr. Harold Wilson. The UK Open University was, thus established for the purpose of distance education, in 1969. Now more than sixty Open Universities are operating around the world on the basis of Distance Education. Modern Information Technology has made the task of Distance Education much easier and effective.
Distance Education is very popular in Pakistan due to the factors of poverty and the relative deficit of women. The rate of literacy and education is much lower for females in rural areas of Pakistan. Most of the parents in rural areas under the pressure of old age traditions do not allow their daughters to go out to the schools. Due to this reasons, the majority of the students enrolled at the Open University are females.
University is also trying its best to fulfill the need of technical education in Pakistan that is becoming very costly. The poorer classes and middle-class families are being downgraded and their children have very little chance to get higher education in the fields like Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering and Medical Science.
The main objectives of the University:
- To deliver educational facilities especially for those people who cannot leave their homes and jobs.
- To provide such facilities to the masses for their educational raise as it may administer.
- To provide facilities for the training of teachers according to the government.
- To give instruction in such branches of learning technology or vocations as it may estimate fit.
- To conduct examinations and to award and degrees, diplomas and certificates to successful candidates.
Salient Features of the AIOU:
- It has been providing its educational and training facilities to help working people and females to enhance their educational and professional skills. Main features of AIOU may be described as under:
- The biggest university in the country with the average student enrollment of more than 1.2 million per year.
- More than 2000 courses being offered there in 9 regional campuses, 33 regional centers, 41 approved study centers (for face-to-face programs) and 138 part-time regional coordinating offices.
- 1172 Study Centres are established throughout Pakistan.
- The largest publishing house in Pakistan printing over 1.8 million books annually.
Allama Iqbal Open University admissions 2017:
Allama Iqbal Open University is offering you admission for the year of 2017. Admission, Last Date, Form, Courses, and all the information related to these admissions are given here. Mostly the women study here in AIOU, it is the best institute of Pakistan and developing the literacy rate of Pakistan day by day. The procedure of studying here is very easy students just have to get admission and no need to go into the institution regularly. It offers admission for the students two times in a year and these offered programs designed semester wise i.e. Spring Semester from February and Autumn Semester starts from August. University provides books and assignments to the students and all they need for exams at their home. It is for the first time in Pakistan that students can study by sitting at home and university provides each and everything that students need at their home. Now it is offering admissions for Autumn Semester and the programs offered there are given below:
- Secondary School Certificate (Matric)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (Intermediate)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD)
- STEP/Functional Non Credit/Certificate Courses
- Ed Programs
- Bachelor Programs
- Master’s Programs
- Phil Programs
- D Programs
Schedule for Merit-Based Programs:
PHD, MS/MPhi, M.Sc Statistics, COL MBA, MPA and LLM/MS are being offered in merit based programs. All those who are interested in admission in the mentioned programs should send their application forms directly to their concerned departments without admission fee according to the procedure laid down in the prospectus. Admission forms can also be downloaded from AIOU official Website. Schedule for Merit-Based Programs is given below:
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 305 September 2017
- Admission Test: 15 t0 20 October 2017
- Display of Merit list on website: 31 October 2017
- Last date for depositing Fee: 17 November 2017
Admission forms and prospectus can be obtained from Main Campus, Regional Campus, and Coordinating Office. Students are advised to submit their fee in the bank by their own. Candidates are informed that Fee in shape of bank draft or pay order will not be accepted. Admission form along with the required documents and fee can be submitted at the nationwide branches of
- Habib Bank Limited,
- First Women Bank,
- Bank Alfalfa
- Allied Bank
- National Bank of Pakistan
- Muslim Commercial Bank.
Last Date for Submission of All Application Forms: 05 September 2017
Keep in touch with our site to get latest admissions from here we update our site on daily basis and gives you latest and updated news about education here. Furthermore, if you have any problems or want question please feel free to comment below.