Pleasant news for the contractual employees working in the departments under the supervision of Government of the Punjab. There was no such system or rule before commencement of the Punjab Regularization of Service Act 2018. Normally, the contractual employees have to wait for the announcement by the Competent Authorities / Chief Minister Punjab regarding regularizations of their services. However, it was the marvelous decision by the Government of the Punjab hosted by Pakistan Muslim League N. The Chief Executive of the Province Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif approved the proposal of cabinet and the same were presented before the Punjab Parliament. Latest Government Jobs in Punjab are opened now. Accordingly, the provincial assembly approved the proposals and Act was came into being.
According to the Punjab Regularization of Service Act, the employee who is appointed on contract basis and served continuously for the period of three years is eligible to be regularized under this Act after completion of all codal and procedural formalities. Notification of Executive Allowance for South Punjab has been provided here. As per act three procedures have been mentioned to regularize the services of the contract employee:-
- The case of employee who has been appointed on contract on the recommendations of the Commission shall submit to the competent authority / appointing authority. The appointing authority shall regularize the services of the contract employees without any reference of Commission.
- If the contract employee appointed without recommendations of Commission but post falls within the purview of the commission, the case shall be referred to Commission in order to obtain recommendations to regularize the services.
- If the contract employee appointed without the recommendation of the Commission and post does not fall within the purview of commission, the case shall be placed before the Scrutiny Committee for the regularization of the services.
The Competent authority appointing authority/head of department shall constitute one or more scrutiny Committees under the provision of Punjab Regularization of Services Act 2018. The Scrutiny Committee shall bound to perform following work:-
- Scrutinize the academic/relevant record of the contract employee who has served continuously three years. The committee shall verify that whether contract employee is eligible and qualified for regularization or not.
- The Scrutiny Committee constituted under the act shall forward recommendations for regularization of the contract employee to the appointing authority
Procedure of Appeal
If the Scrutiny Committee constituted by the Competent Authority does not recommended the contract employee for regularization, the contract employee has right to appeal/review the case before the Appellate Committee constituted by the Chief Minister Punjab with the specified time period. The contract employee who is aggrieved by the recommendations of the commission/scrutiny committee shall appeal before the appellate Committee within 30 days after issuance of the final order. Moreover, if you find any difficulty or has questions in mind please leave a comment below in order to get guidance.