The Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has upgraded various posts of Computer Personnel vide Notification No. FD.PC.40-43/2017(E) dated 14th December 2018. The notification has been issued by the Finance Department and in this regard various clarifications have also been issued by the Competent Authority and Finance Department which are placed below. Every notification issued by the Government of Punjab is uploaded here.
The rules and regulations of up-gradation and promotion of Computer Personnel were not framed by the Finance Department/Government of Punjab. Computer personnel working in the different departments had been found to record their protests before the competent authorities, however, they were not listened anywhere. Later on, case of up-gradation of Computer Personnel consisted of Computer Operators, Data Entry Operators, Key Punch Operator, Data Processing Officer was initiated by Association of Computer Professionals Punjab (A.C.P.P) which was rejected by the Competent Authority/Chief Minister, Punjab. However, after that, Association filed a writ petition in the Lahore High Court, Lahore to direct the quarter concerned to frame rules and regulation of up-gradation and promotion of Computer Personnel. The case was heard in the Lahore High Court, Lahore for almost two years and finally, the Lahore High Court passed judgment with the directions to the concerned authorities to upgrade and the posts of computer personnel.
Consequent upon the directions of the Court, The Chief Minister, Punjab constituted a committee under the Chairmanship of Additional Chief Secretary Punjab. After a long discussion on the matter, the Committee recommended upgrading various posts of computer personnel. In response to that, the Finance Secretary, Government of Punjab issued a notification with the directions to administrative departments to upgrade the posts of computer personnel in their respective offices. The basic pay scales were revised according to prescribed qualifications. The terms and condition of the up-gradation has been mentioned below:-
- Where the prescribed qualification of the above posts is intermediate, it will be re-designated as Junior Computer Operator (Basic Pay Scale-12).
- Where the prescribed qualification of the above posts is Graduation, it will be
re-designated as Computer Operator (Basic Pay Scale 15).
- Where the posts were personally up-grated due to having a long stay on the same scale, the incumbents of such posts would be placed in the cadre according to possessed qualification. However, the personal scale would continue as personal to such incumbents.
- Where the incumbents of the above posts were allowed time scale promotion, the incumbents of such posts would be placed in the cadre according to possessed qualification. However, the time scale allowed would continue as personal to such incumbents.
- Where only one tier is available, the incumbent of such posts would be allowed time scale promotion in higher scales as indicated above after every eight years. However, the fourth step would be admissible on possessing Graduation (2nd Division) Service rules would be amended accordingly.
The computer Personnel working in the different departments of Punjab are always looking for a copy of the notification. They have to make contacts with the Finance Department, Civil Secretariat, Punjab to get notification of the up-gradation of Computer Personnel. Don’t be worried, we have provided the notification which can be downloaded by just one click
|Clarification regarding Up-Gradation of Computer Personnel||Download Here|