Government of the Punjab has issued Punjab Delegation of Financial Rules 2016. All Departments and government organizations have been instructed to follow Punjab Delegation of Financial Power Rules 2016 in order to make payments and use public money transparently. Before this, Delegation of Financial Power Rules 2006, however after approval of the Competent Authority, the financial rules have been amended which can be downloaded at the end of this post in PDF Form. Download Up-gradation Notification.
Delegation of Financial Power Rules provide a regulatory framework for the management of expenditure by the Provincial government Officers. Previously, Punjab Delegation of Financial Power Rules 2016. Notwithstanding anything contained in rule 3 of the rules, the higher authority in a department shall have the same powers as have been delegated to an authority subordinate to it under the rules. 5. The power conferred, under rule 4 of the rules, on a higher authority shall not be in derogation of, but in addition to, the power of the subordinate authority. 6. The power delegated, under rule 3 of the rules, shall be exercised subject to any general or specific conditions laid down in Second Schedule or in any other rules made by or instructions issued by the Government. 7. The powers, conferred in second column of the Second Schedule, shall not operate for ex-post facto regularization and ex-post facto sanction of payment made either without sanction or under incompetent sanction. The power, not delegated under the rules, shall be exercised by the Finance Department of the Government. The Punjab Delegation of Financial Powers Rules, 2006 are hereby repealed.
Delegation of powers:- The authorities, mentioned in third column of the Second Schedule, may exercise the powers conferred in second column of the Second Schedule to the extent as mentioned in fourth column of the Second Schedule. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1) of this rule: (a) the following may exercise the financial powers of an administrative department:
- Chief Justice, Lahore High Court Lahore.
- Provincial Ombudsman, Punjab.
- Ombudsperson, Punjab.
- The Chairman, Punjab Public Service Commission.
- The Chairman, Punjab Service Tribunal.
- The Secretary, Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
- The Secretary to the Governor of the Punjab.
- The Secretary to the Chief Minister of the Punjab.
- The Director General, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- The Planning and Development Department.
- The Divisional Commissioners.
Terms & Conditions:
- All orders regarding abolition of posts shall be communicated to the Accountant General, Punjab or District Accounts Officer concerned and Finance Department.
- The Chief Justice of Lahore High Court, Lahore shall exercise full powers to create new posts, abolish old posts, and change in nomenclature of posts provided the expenditure is met within overall budget of the Lahore High Court, Lahore. In case such newly created post is deemed to be a permanent requirement, such post shall be got created from Finance Department through SNE.
- Official telephones or official cell phones for residences and offices shall be sanctioned by the administrative department and Officers in Category-I respectively.
- Residential telephone charges shall be sanctioned by the administrative department and designated officers upto the ceiling of reimbursement notified by Finance Department.
- Hiring of buildings on rent would be subject to the conditions that (a) the accommodation is according to the scale approved by the Government, (b) the rent does not exceed the tax assessed by the Excise, Taxation and Narcotics Department for the purpose of Urban Immovable Property Tax. In case the rent exceeds as assessed by the Excise, Taxation and Narcotics Department, the Administrative Department shall give rent reasonability certificate and, (c) non-availability certificate by the C&W Department that there is no official building available for housing a particular office.
- Hiring of lands subject to the condition that rent reasonability certificate is given by an officer of Revenue Department exercising powers of the Collector under Land Revenue Act 1967.
Punjab Delegation of Financial Power Rules 2016 have been provided on this page. The rules can be downloaded by clicking below in PDF form. All notifications, official document issued by the Government of the Punjab are available on this website. Download Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 2016.