It has been observed that most of the people working in government sectors do have part time business or any other source of income expect salaries. The salaries being paid by the federal and provincials government to the employees are not enough during the era of inflation. Children of the government servants need scholarship to continue their education to the next level. Keeping in view of the need of government employees, the Punjab government grant scholarships to the impoverished and intelligent students of the employees every year. Check Scholarship by Dalda Foundation here.
Punjab Benevolent Fund Department grants scholarships to in-service, retired government employees and employees who died during services. However, criteria has been set-up to award scholarship. The scholarship is available only for the residents of Punjab. The scholarship offered by the Government of the Punjab is given purely on merit. No recommendation is being accepted by the department.
Scholarships (BS-16 to BS-22)
|Primary to Matric||Rs.5,000/-|
Scholarships (BS-01 to BS-15)
|Primary to Matric||Rs.1,500/-|
|FA/BA & Equivalent||Rs.3,000/-|
|M.A & Equivalent||Rs.6,000/-|
- Two children of the employee in service/retired can apply for scholarship. However, 3rd child who is studying in special education can also apply.
- Children who have passed matric or any higher level examinations with percentage of 60% are eligible to apply.
- The children (3 in numbers) whose father has been died also eligible for the scholarship.
- Every child has to submit application separately.
- The student who has completed 16 years of education during 2019-20 are not allowed scholarship.
How to Apply:-
- All employees of Punjab government can apply for this scholarship.
- Application form is available on the official website of Benevolent funds Board.
- Application form must be attested by the head of the department.
- Employees of grade 16 to 22 need to submit application form to Provincial Benevolent Funds Board, Al Fallah Building, Mall Road, Lahore
- Employees of grade 1 to 15 should submit their application form to respective Deputy Commissioner.
- All relevant documents must be attached with application form.
- CNIC or Bay Form is necessary.
- Copy of CNIC of father/guardian.
- Computerized/attested copy of pay slip/pension book.
- Photocopy of certificate of last examination.
- Students who are studying in private institutions must provide photocopy of affiliation of that institution.
- Last date for submission of applications along-with all relevant documents is 31-03-2020.
- Applications received after due date will not be considered.
- No excuse will be accepted after expiry of date.
- For further assistant call at 042-99204035
We have mentioned all information. If anyone need further assistance our trained staff is always available for your guidance. It is strongly recommended to submit application before deadline and to remember that incomplete applications will be rejected forthwith. So having trouble or there is a question in your mind regarding scholarship for matric students please never hesitate to comment below:-